OpenCms 11.0.2 available
Improved in OpenCms 11.0.2
- Extended import/export so that unknown resource types are kept.
- Extended list type by combined category and folder restrictions.
- See the release notes for further details regarding the improvements in this release.
The OpenCms Docker image as well as the OpenCms documentation and the OpenCms demo site have been updated for this release.
Main features of OpenCms 11
OpenCms 11 compared to version 10 brings a major update for the workplace, all apps have been replaced with modernized versions. Moreover, this release is compatible with Java 11 and comes with the new "Mercury" default template.
- Includes the 'Mercury' default template, source code available on GitHub.
- Workplace: Restructured the workplace for improved usability with a modern GUI.
- Workplace: 'Lists' app for management of default 'List' content type using SOLR.
- Workplace: 'Bookmarks' app for quick access to workplace locations.
- Workplace: 'Resource types' app to create, read, edit and delete resource types.
- Workplace: 'Sessions' app to manage current user sessions and send messages to users.
- Workplace: 'Script terminal' app to run OpenCms shell scripts from the workplace.
- Workplace: 'SQL console' app to query the configured database pools.
- Template API: Meta mappings allow transferring values from XML contents to the page template (e.g. for SEO meta infos).
- Template API: The 'List' content type provides filter and sort options for title / date / category / folder.
- Template API: EL functions to create image variations for 'srcset' or 'picture'.
- Editor: Image now have a 'focal point' to control automatic image cropping around this point.
- Management: Option to execute shell commands in a running OpenCms instance using RMI.
- Management: The flex-cache bucket feature allows selective flex-cache purging.
- Management: Updating a module will now import only the changes instead of deleting and reinstalling the module.
- Setup: Removed all legacy workplace modules, leaving only two core modules in a new installation.
- Setup: Modernized the 'Setup wizard' user interface.
- Setup: Modernized the 'Updater' user interface, providing suport for 10.5, 10.0 and 9.5 versions.
- Support for Java 11.
General OpenCms features
- The page editor allows WYSIWYG inline editing of web pages and arrangement of content by drag & drop.
- The form based editor allows editing of structured content in a well defined form mask.
- The sitemap editor allows to create new pages and re-arrange the navigation tree by drag & drop.
- Responsive "Mercury" default template based on Bootstrap 4 with many features.
- Content creation for mobile devices with preview and device specific content control.
- Structured contents can be defined using a simple XML schema.
- Easy to use "Online / Offline" workflow, changes must be approved before they become visible.
- Link management for all internal resources with broken link detection.
- Integrated image scaling and cropping.
- SEO features with automatic sitemap.xml generation and page alias support.
- Full featured user management that supports the concept of "Organizational Units" (OUs).
- Allows management of multiple websites within one installation.
- Contents can be served dynamically or exported to static HTML files.
- File access to the OpenCms content repository over a shared network / SMB drive.
- CMIS and WebDAV access to the OpenCms content repository.
- Integrates Apache SOLR for powerful content searching and noSQL like queries.
- Full text search for web pages as well as in office documents like PDF, MS Office and Open Office.
- Extensions can be added through a flexible module system.
- The "time warp" feature allows to view resources which are expired or not yet released.
- JSP integration for dynamic functionality in templates, dynamic forms etc.
- ... and many more.
OpenCms 11.0 is backward compatible with all 10.5, 10.0, and 9.5 versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed code from these versions should work mostly "out of the box" with version 11.0.
Notice for users of Alkacon OCEE: A new OCEE version is required for OpenCms 11.0.2. The update is free for Alkacon customers with a valid OCEE subscription. Please contact Alkacon to receive the new version.
OpenCms is a market leading solution amongst Open Source CMS systems. The software has been in continuous development for the last 15 years and has an active community of Open Source developers.
OpenCms is an enterprise - ready web content management solution build in Java and XML from open source components. OpenCms can easily be deployed on almost any existing IT infrastructure and provides powerful features especially suited for medium and large enterprise internet or intranet applications. OpenCms is open source software distributed under the LGPL license.
Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG is the company responsible for the development of OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in widespread use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as a cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations. Please see the Alkacon product overview for more details.
The team at Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts wants to thank everyone who has contributed to this release of OpenCms.