This five day training course is a comprehensive "jump start" to OpenCms development. It provides insight in OpenCms template and module creation, and also covers advanced procedures in OpenCms API development.
The course is in two parts, which usually take about 2.5 days each to complete.
Part one: OpenCms Template Basics is intended for people with previous experience in building websites using HTML, PHP or other web technologies, but with basic Java knowledge only.
Part two: OpenCms API usage covers advanced procedures in OpenCms development. It is aimed at experienced Java web developers who have previous experience with Java, HTML and JSP and want to learn the OpenCms related special APIs.
It is assumed that course participants have a basic understanding about the general use of OpenCms as a content manager.
After attending the course, a participant should be able to start developing his own OpenCms enabled website with templates and custom extensions right away.
Alkacon OpenCms Complete Training agenda
Part one: OpenCms Template Basics
- Local installation of OpenCms
- Main OpenCms features
- OpenCms module mechanism
- JSP basics in OpenCms
- Using the <cms:> taglib
- Creating an OpenCms template
- Creating templates for mobile devices
- Rendering content with formatters
- Lists of contents
- The content subscription engine
- Advanced template functions
- Content detail pages
- Building a dynamic page navigation
- Extended OpenCms features
- Localizing OpenCms websites
- Password protected areas
- Creating an XML content schema
- Configuring XML content resource types
- Nested XML contents
- Extended XML content topics
- Static export
- Using the FlexCache
Part two: OpenCms API usage
- Using the OpenCms API
- Developing a custom login form
- Configuring the search index
- Searching OpenCms sites
- Advanced usage of XML contents
- Related resources / Categories
- Managing multiple sites in OpenCms
- User management using OUs
- The OpenCms scheduler
- Scaling images in OpenCms
- Extended XML content programming
- Development configuration
- Setting up your first OpenCms site
- Recap and summary
The Alkacon OpenCms Complete Training Training course comes with a full set of exhaustive pre-build material. It contains over 500 slides and example code for more then 30 lessons . Also provided are exercises for all important topics.