Step up to OpenCms 9.5!
The new OpenCms 9.5 is ready and available for download.
OpenCms 9.5 brings template creation without the need to code, plus other features like user generated content, on-the-fly PDF generation, greatly improved documentation and much more - all presented in a responsive demo website based on Bootstrap.
New in OpenCms 9.5
- Drag & drop template and layout creation with nested containers.
- User generated content for website visitors.
- Editors don't need to access the workplace anymore.
- Managing of galleries, categories and templates in the sitemap editor.
- Greatly enhanced documentation.
- Generate PDF documents on the fly.
- Grid based responsive demo website build with Bootstrap.
- Integrated Spell Checker for the WYSIWYG editor component.
- New roles for fine grained access to the content management functions.
- Element views allow easy grouping and permission setting for content types.
- Create, copy or reuse options when using existing contents.
- Updated user preferences dialog accessible in the page editor.
General OpenCms features
- The page editor allows WYSIWYG inline editing of web pages and arrangement of content by drag & drop.
- The form based editor allows editing of structured content in a well defined form mask.
- The sitemap editor allows to create new pages and re-arrange the navigation tree by drag & drop.
- Responsive demo template based on Bootstrap 3.
- Content creation for mobile devices with preview and device specific content control.
- Structured contents can be defined using a simple XML schema.
- Easy to use "Online / Offline" workflow, changes must be approved before they become visible.
- Link management for all internal resources with broken link detection.
- Integrated image scaling and cropping.
- SEO features with automatic sitemap.xml generation and page alias support.
- Full featured user management that supports the concept of "Organizational Units" (OUs).
- Allows management of multiple websites within one installation.
- Contents can be served dynamically or exported to static HTML files.
- Direct access to the OpenCms content repository over a shared network drive.
- CMIS and WebDAV access to the OpenCms content repository.
- Integrates Apache SOLR for powerful content searching and noSQL like queries.
- Full text search for web pages as well as in office documents like PDF, MS Office and Open Office.
- Extensions can be added through a flexible module system.
- The "time warp" feature allows to view resources which are expired or not yet released.
- JSP integration for dynamic functionality in templates, dynamic forms etc.
- ... and many more
We recommend everyone who uses OpenCms to update to the version 9.5 release. OpenCms 9.5 is fully backward compatible to all prior 9.x and 8.x versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed code from these versions work "out of the box" with version 9.5.
OpenCms 9.5 requires a new version of Alkacon OCEE. The update is free for Alkacon customers with a valid OCEE update subscription. Please contact Alkacon to receive the new version.
Please check out the release notes for further details of the changes in this release.
Independent research has shown OpenCms to be a market leading solution amongst Open Source CMS systems. The software has been in continuous development for the last 14 years and has an active community of Open Source developers.
OpenCms is an enterprise - ready web content management solution build in Java and XML from open source components. OpenCms can easily be deployed on almost any existing IT infrastructure and provides powerful features especially suited for medium and large enterprise internet or intranet applications. OpenCms is open source software distributed under the LGPL license.
Alkacon Software GmbH is the company responsible for the development of OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in widespread use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as a cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations. Please see the Alkacon products overview for more details.
The team at Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts wants to thank everyone who has contributed to this release of OpenCms.