OpenCms 7.5.1 released
Version 7.5.1 of OpenCms is now available for download.
OpenCms is one of the most popular Open Source Content Management Solutions. This new version was developed by Alkacon Software GmbH with the support of the international OpenCms developer community.
OpenCms 7.5.1 adds several new features to the core system. Moreover, a number of issues have been fixed, including some reported security problems that affected only the OpenCms Workplace.
Main new features / improvements in OpenCms 7.5.1
- Fixed issue #1759: XSS security issues reported by Security Focus (Bugtraq ID 35979)
- Added context menu entry "Publish scheduled" to publish files at a specified date.
- Added context menu entry "Comment content" to view and change the default properties of all files in a folder.
- Added improved search dialog and delete resource option to all galleries.
- Added selectable start galleries to user preferences and possibility to set start galleries in Workplace configuration.
- Added option to export the VFS into a folder structure instead of a .ZIP file.
- Added option to hide "Advanced" button of property dialog depending on the current users groups.
- OpenCms now works with servlet container Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 and v3.0 (preview release).
- Added content tool "Property viewer" to view properties from resources in specified folder.
- Added content tool "Language node copier" to copy language nodes in XML contents in specified folder.
- Added content tool "Convert XML contents" to convert XML contents in specified folder.
- Added feature #1636: SMPT ports are now configurable.
- Added feature #1741: Out of the box support for JBOSS servlet container.
- Improved HTML widget button configuration and unstructured content button configuration options.
- Added option to set global default widget configurations.
- Added option to limit full text search to certain resource types only.
- Added detection of email addresses in editor link dialog.
- Updated FCKeditor to version 2.6.5.
- Updated Lucene to version 2.4.1.
Please check out the release notes for further details of the changes in this release.
General Features of OpenCms 7.5
- "Direct Edit" allows editing of content directly from a web page.
- Structured contents can be defined using a simple XML schema.
- XML content Editor for structured content / pages generated automatically from an XML schema.
- Support for grouping of content in tabs in the XML content editor.
- Includes editor with syntax highlighting functionality for all text based files (e.g. XML, HTML, JSP)
- WYSIWYG editor available for unstructured pages.
- Easy to use "Online / Offline" workflow.
- All changes or new pages must be approved / published first before they become visible "Online".
- Our "Content Relationship Engine" (CRE) allows management of relations / links in the system.
- Full internal link management for all resources.
- If files (or folders) are moved, all links to these files are kept intact.
- Native support for WebDAV access to the OpenCms VFS.
- Integrated image processing / scaling and cropping.
- Image and other content is organized in galleries with advanced AJAX features.
- Gallery dialogs support grouping of content by category or based on folder.
- Integrated full text search for web pages, but also in PDF, MS Office documents etc.
- Offline search indexing for changes that are not published.
- Full featured internal user management that supports the concept of "Organizational Units" (OUs).
- It is possible to delegate management of users / groups in OUs to Sub-Administrators.
- User permissions based on a complete set of system "Roles".
- Extensions can be added through a full featured module system.
- A "time warp" feature in the Workplace allows users to view resources with date expired / date released settings.
- JSP integration allows standards based creation of dynamic functionality in templates, dynamic forms etc.
- Support for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, DB2, AS400 and HSQLDB databases included.
- Distribution includes a complete demo website "Wonderful World of Flowers".
- ... and many more
OpenCms 7.5.1 is fully backward compatible to all prior 7 versions. We recommend everyone who uses an earlier version of OpenCms to update to the 7.5.1 release. OpenCms 7.5 is largely backward compatible with version 6. An easy to use update wizard for OpenCms Version 6 and prior 7 installations for MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL is available.
Independent research has shown OpenCms to be a market leading solution amongst Open Source CMS systems. The software has been in continuous development for the last 8 years and has an active community of Open Source developers.
More than 100 international IT companies have been registered as official OpenCms Solution Provider on the OpenCms website. A steadily growing list of reference sites also shows the increasing use of OpenCms.
OpenCms is an enterprise - ready web content management solution build in Java and XML from open source components. OpenCms can easily be deployed on almost any existing IT infrastructure and provides powerful features especially suited for medium and large enterprise internet or intranet applications. OpenCms is open source software distributed under the LGPL licence.
Alkacon Software GmbH is the company responsible for the development of OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in widespread use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as a cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations. Please see the Alkacon product overview for more details.
The team at Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts wants to thank everyone who has contributed to this release of OpenCms.