OpenCms 7.5 Beta available
New Version to be presented June 15 at OpenCms Days 2009
The beta version of OpenCms 7.5 is now available in the public CVS (tag "build_75beta_1"). OpenCms 7.5 is a major update that adds several new features to the OpenCms core.
OpenCms 7.5 final will be released June 15 at OpenCms Days 2009 in Cologne, Germany. OpenCms lead architect Alexander Kandzior will present the new features of OpenCms 7.5 at his conference keynote session. He will also explain the further development roadmap towards OpenCms 8, which is scheduled for late 2010.
Several other sessions at OpenCms Days 2009 will be explaining the new features of OpenCms 7.5 in detail.
Main features of OpenCms 7.5:
- Much improved image galleries now feature integrated cropping and zooming of image parts.
- The XML content editor can now split large XML structures in several tabs.
- The full text search is now able to index changed documents in the offline projects "on the fly".
- Expired resources can now be automatically deleted after a configurable time.
- Categories can now be defined per site in addition to the global categories.
- It is now possible to access the raw XML of a structured content in a JSP using the EL content wrapper.
- New demo content for Template 2 called "The Wonderful World of Flowers" is available.
- All external editors (FCKeditor, EditArea) have been updated to their newest versions, fixing several display issues in later browsers.
- Several other improvements and component updates.
- Lots of reported issues have been fixed.
A wizard for updating an OpenCms 7.0 installation to OpenCms 7.5 will be provided with the final release.
The main development on OpenCms 7.5 is done by Alkacon Software with contributions from the OpenCms community. This beta version has been made available May 18, 2009.