OpenCms 7.0.5 available
Version 7.0.5 of OpenCms is now available for download.
OpenCms is one of the most popular Open Source Content Management Solutions. The new version was developed by Alkacon Software GmbH with the support of the international OpenCms developer community.
This version fixes a number of issues and security problems that persisted in the 7.0.4 release. Some new features have been added as well.
General Features of OpenCms 7
- "Direct Edit" allows editing content directly from a web page.
- Structured contents can be defined using simple XML schemas.
- WYSIWYG editor available for unstructured pages.
- Full internal link management for all resources.
- Native support for WebDAV access to the OpenCms VFS.
- Integrated image processing / scaling.
- Integrated full text search on web pages, but also searches in PDF, MS Office etc.
- Full featured internal user management that supports the concept of "Organizational Units" (OUs).
- It is possible to delegate management of users / groups in OUs to Sub-Administrators.
- Extensions can be added through a full featured module system.
- A "switch user" (su) function for Administrators in the OpenCms Workplace is available.
- The "Undelete" function is able to restore deleted resources, including deleted subtrees.
- A "time warp" feature in the Workplace allows users to view resources with date expired / date released settings.
- JSP integration allows standards based creation of dynamic functionality in templates, dynamic forms etc.
- Support for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, DB2, AS400 and HSQL databases included.
New Features in OpenCms 7.0.5
- Added editor with syntax highlighting functionality for all text based files (e.g. XML, HTML, JSP)
- Added option for copying content from one locale to another in the XML content editor
- Added Spanish Localization, contributed by OpenCmsHispano
- Added administration tool for image cache flushing
- Added JQuery module that contains a set of default jQuery libraries
- Added <cms:jquery> tag to use packed/unpacked jQuery versions depending on the current project
- Fixed security issue 28152 reported by Security Focus
- Fixed security issue 490498 reported by Security Focus
- ... and many more
Please check out the release notes for further details.
OpenCms 7 is highly backward compatible with version 6. An easy to use update wizard for OpenCms Version 6 and prior 7.0.x installations for MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL is available.
Independent research has shown OpenCms to be a market leading solution amongst Open Source CMS systems. The software has been in continuous development for the last 8 years and has an active community of Open Source developers.
More than 100 international IT companies have been registered as official OpenCms Solution Provider on the OpenCms website. A steadily growing list of reference sites also shows the increasing use of OpenCms.
From May 5 to May 6, 2008, the OpenCms Days conference and expo successfully brought together the OpenCms community to discuss the present and future of OpenCms. More information is available in the event section on opencms.org.
OpenCms is an enterprise - ready web content management solution build in Java and XML from open source components. OpenCms can easily be deployed on almost any existing IT infrastructure and provides powerful features especially suited for medium and large enterprise internet or intranet applications. OpenCms is open source software distributed under the LGPL licence.
Alkacon Software GmbH is the company responsible for the development of OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in widespread use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as a cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations. Please see the Alkacon product overview for more details.
The team at Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts wants to thank everyone who has contributed to this release of OpenCms.