OpenCms 13 available
OpenCms 13.0 is now available for download.
OpenCms is one of the most popular Open Source Content Management Solutions. This new version was developed by Alkacon Software GmbH with the support of the international OpenCms developer community.
New in OpenCms 13
- Plugins: Introduced a plugin system for formatters and dynamic functions as a more flexible replacement of the "headincludes" feature.
- Plugins: Added "Site plugins" that can be automatically activated for all pages that share a site configuration.
- Geo Search: Introduced a Geo search feature in order to retrieve XML contents by geo coordinates.
- Geo Search: Added Geo mapping syntax for XML content schemas, even if coordinates are stored in linked contents.
- Security: Updated Log4j to the latest version to solve the Log4j security vulnerability.
- Workplace: Improved the image upload so that pictures taken with a mobile device are rotated correctly.
- Workplace: Improved the "Image preview" dialog to better display SVG images.
- Workplace: Improved the "Page editor" and the "Form editor" to better work with touch devices.
- Template Variants: Element setting overrides allow to change formatter settings by master configuration.
- Template Variants: Shared settings and overrides can be defined for specific formatters only.
- Template Variants: Container pages now support an alias option for formatter keys.
- Template Variants: Container pages now support a fallback mechanism for formatter keys.
- Page editor: Improved the layout of the "Element settings" dialog.
Please check out the release notes for further details regarding the changes in this release.
General OpenCms features
- The page editor allows WYSIWYG inline editing of web pages and arrangement of content by drag & drop.
- The form based editor allows editing of structured content in a well defined form mask.
- The sitemap editor allows to create new pages and re-arrange the navigation tree by drag & drop.
- Responsive "Mercury" default template based on Bootstrap 4 with many features.
- Headless API for accessing content as JSON from external applications.
- Content creation for mobile devices with preview and device specific content control.
- Structured contents can be defined using a simple XML schema.
- Easy to use "Online / Offline" workflow, changes must be approved before they become visible.
- Link management for all internal resources with broken link detection.
- Integrated image scaling and cropping.
- SEO features with automatic sitemap.xml generation and page alias support.
- Full featured user management that supports the concept of "Organizational Units" (OUs).
- Allows management of multiple websites within one installation.
- Contents can be served dynamically or exported to static HTML files.
- File access to the OpenCms content repository over a shared network / SMB drive.
- CMIS and WebDAV access to the OpenCms content repository.
- Integrates Apache SOLR for powerful content searching and noSQL like queries.
- Full text search for web pages as well as in office documents like PDF, MS Office and Open Office.
- Extensions can be added through a flexible module system.
- The "time warp" feature allows to view resources which are expired or not yet released.
- JSP integration for dynamic functionality in templates, dynamic forms etc.
- ... and many more
OpenCms 13.0 is backward compatible with all 12.0, 11.0, 10.5 and 10.0 versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed code from these versions should work mostly "out of the box" with version 13.0.
Notice for users of Alkacon OCEE Users of Alkacon OCEE require a new OCEE version for OpenCms 13.0. The update is free for Alkacon customers with a valid OCEE subscription. Please contact Alkacon to receive the new version.
OpenCms is a market leading solution amongst Open Source CMS systems. The software has been in continuous development for the last 20 years and has an active community of Open Source developers.
OpenCms is an enterprise - ready web content management solution build in Java and XML from open source components. OpenCms can easily be deployed on almost any existing IT infrastructure and provides powerful features especially suited for medium and large enterprise internet or intranet applications. OpenCms is open source software distributed under the LGPL license.
Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG is the company responsible for the development of OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in widespread use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as a cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations. Please see the Alkacon product overview for more details.
The team at Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts wants to thank everyone who has contributed to this release of OpenCms.