Alkacon OCEE 3.0 for OpenCms 8 now available
Alkacon OCEE for OpenCms is a commercial extension for OpenCms that offers Support for LDAP, Clustering, Replication and improved performance. Full information about OCEE is available on the Alkacon website.
The latest OCEE release version 3.0 is a compatibility update to work with the new OpenCms 8. OCEE 3.0 comes with some new functions and improvements.
New features and improvements in OCEE 3.0 for OpenCms 8
- Improved OCEE Accelerator now features memory usage information to cache statistics
- Improved OCEE LDAP Connector now supports group name translation when using Microsoft Active Directory.
- Improved OCEE LDAP Connector now features support for nested groups.
- Fixed an issue in the OCEE Replicator within the backward replication.
- Fixed an issue in the OCEE LDAP Connector so special characters ($, etc.) in LDAP queries get escaped correctly.
Please see the OCEE release notes for a full description about the new features and changes in this version.
Notice for users of OpenCms 7: The current release of OCEE for OpenCms 7.x is version 2.1.4. OCEE 2.1.4 is compatible with all 7.x versions of OpenCms.
Main features in OCEE
- Support for multi-staging scenarios with the OCEE Replicator: You can configure a "development" server that first pushes all generated content to a "staging" server e.g. for approval, and then afterwards to the "delivery" server. This is freely configurable, and there is no limit on the number of stages.
- Centralized configuration of servers with the OCEE Cluster: You can now edit the scheduled jobs, search index configuration and module parameters for all individual servers in the cluster from a common GUI in the workplace server.
- Support for OpenCms OUs in the LDAP Connector: It is now possible to connect each OpenCms OU with an individual path in the LDAP Server.
- Improved performance with the OCEE Accelerator: A much improved cache policy in the Accelerator now selectively flushes only certain cached items after publishing instead of just flushing everything.
About Alkacon OCEE
The Alkacon OpenCms Enterprise Extensions (also called OCEE) are a commercial extension for OpenCms. Alkacon OCEE adds features to OpenCms that are often required for running OpenCms in a medium or large Enterprise, where data consistency, security and failover are highly important.
The Alkacon OpenCms Enterprise Extensions are available as a licensed software product from Alkacon Software GmbH, the company responsible for most of the development of the open source core OpenCms system. Please click here for the full license terms.
OCEE is installed on a standard OpenCms system. OCEE is a binary only distribution. This means that the source code for the OCEE modules is not available. To use any of the Alkacon OCEE packages, you need to enter a license key that will be provided by Alkacon software after your purchase of an Alkacon OCEE license.