OpenCms 6.0.4 release notes
OpenCms 6.0.4 is a stability upgrade which fixes several issues reported with the OpenCms 6.0.0, 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 release. Some new features are available as well.
Who should use this version?
It is recommended for all OpenCms 6.0.0, 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 users to upgrade to this improved version. Version 6.0.4 will also be the base for all future OpenCms releases.
Fixed issues in Version 6.0.4
- Remove vulnerability for cross site scripting in TemplateOne forms (Search, Contact)
- Fixed static export 'after publish' of deleted files
- Fixed the JSP compile error in module 'OpenCms search examples'
- Extended configuration of captcha images in the TemplateOne form module
Fixed issues in Version 6.0.3
- Fixed issue with frozen state in CmsProperty when calling #deleteResourceValue()
- Improved error handling in XML page loader for locale selection process
- Added fix for error handler in localized Xerces versions
- Fixed issue #982: If tomcat path has spaces, the log file is not set
- Fixed potential security issues in login dialog with username not being escaped
- Fixed issue #985: CmsShell parameter constants mismatch
Fixed issues in Version 6.0.2
- Fixed issue #615: Uploading modules with new (unknown) resource type classes
- Fixed issue #884: Cancelling upload of files in non-applet dialog now resets file content
- Fixed issue #895: Show correct online address in the secure dialog also in the ROOT site
- Fixed issue #890: Extended folders and XML contents now show the custom property dialog from the referenced resource type
- Fixed issue #899: Latent problem while importing data fixed
- Fixed issue #904: The selected modules are checked and topologically sorted
- Fixed issue #905: HtmlArea is now opened in source code mode if clicking the resource context menu entry "Edit sourcecode"
- Fixed issue #912: NullPointerException in "recommend page" of templateone
- Fixed issue #914: Exceptions after cleanup html in WYSIWYG Editor
- Fixed issue #925: The deleteUser method also removes the user from all their groups
- Fixed issue #931: It is now possible to insert closing curly braces in HtmlArea in IE using german keyboards
- Fixed issue #932: Keep synchronization settings after the user preferences were changed
- Fixed issue #940: cmsshell.sh doesn't run on Linux
- Fixed issue #943: Display advanced property dialog of extended folders only once after a new property is defined
- Fixed issue #953: Dialog paths in simple HTML editor adjusted to JSP dialogs
- Fixed issue #955: Downgraded JSTL libraries to 1.0 to gain compatibility with JSP 1.0 servlet containers
- Fixed issue #956: Failed link translation results in zero length file during HTML import
- Fixed issue #957: Case sensitivity problems in HTML import
- Fixed issue #960: Servlet mapping also works for the "/*" setting
- Fixed issue #963: The user, group and property names are now escaped
- Fixed issue #967: Shared property is empty after renaming or moving resources
- Fixed issue with NULL_PROPERTY not being immutable
- Fixed issue with XML content defaults defined in annotations not working for nested cd's when creating new content
- Fixed issue with bad encoding for sessionless requests due to early access to #getParameter(String) for upload applet
- Fixed issue with slow publishing of files because of history query
- Fixed issue with fulltext search folder restriction not working for special folder names
- Fixed issue with URI splitting causing an NPE if URI was invalid
- Fixed issue with resources outside timerange in editors
- Fixed issue with CmsDriverManager#getChilds()
- Fixed issue with editing the "parent group" of a group
- Fixed issue with history of siblings in a multiple site configuration
- Fixed issue with error (404) pages not returning a 404 status code
- Fixed issue with locale selection process not always working correctly when using "language_COUNTRY" type locale
- Fixed issue with XML content so that "Articles"-"Article" node naming schema is not longer required for creation of new content items
- Fixed issue with client side caching of expired documents because of missing http headers
- Fixed issue with display of historic resource versions in external programs (*.doc, *.pdf)
- Fixed issue with external link checker if link target is not a http link
- Fixed issue (using workaround) with lost image paths in HtmlArea editor widget after drag & drop
- Removed references to static user/group name variables, using only the methods that return the configurable names
- Included fix to disable multiple setting of "Content-Type" header contributed by Jason Trump
New features in Version 6.0.2
- Search indexes are now incrementally updated after publishing of resources if rebuild mode is "auto"
- Search in link gallery window now includes link content data
- New XML content "DisplayWidget" to display certain content read-only.
- New XML content "MultiSelectWidget" allows generating multiple choice select boxes.
- Custom widgets that have not been registered in opencms-vfs.xml can now be specified in XML content schemas
- Added options to access XML content based on a given locale to <cms:contentload/show/info> tags
- Added "preload" option to <cms:contentload> tag for better control of displayed XML content
- XML content mappings can map multiple occurrences of a value to a property list value
- For XML content values mapped to a property, the property is deleted if no value is available in the XML content
- Added methods to copy and move the content of a locale in XML pages or XML contents
- Added resource collector to collect all files that have been "mapped" to another file
- Added option to create default directories and export points in Module manager tool
- Added advanced rule based configuration options to static export
- Property values can now be read and written as a list
- Added "site" parameter to Flex cache language for creating elements for a specific site only
- Added serial version UIDs to all serializable classes
- Replaced use of "sendCmsRedirect" in Workplace with "sendForward" to reduce issues in IBM Websphere AS
- Added support for maxDB/sapDB contributed by Clovis Wichoski and Fabiano Rech
- Added patch for use of CmsJspStatusBean with mod_jk contributed by Thorsten Ludewig
For a complete list of features of OpenCms 6 compared to older versions, have a look at the OpenCms 6.0.0 release notes.
OpenCms 6.0.4 should be highly backward compatible with version 6.0.0. Certain bug fixes required minor API changes so some adjustments may have to be made for code that uses more advanced API functions such as custom resource types. All Templates should be backward compatible without changes.
To upgrade an existing OpenCms 6.0.0 or 6.0.3 version to the current 6.0.4 release, new upgrade
wizards are available for this distribution. The upgrade wizards guide you through the update
process and make upgrading OpenCms really easy. Please note: Even though the upgrade wizard has
been well tested, always make a
backup of your current installation before upgrading as a precaution to avoid loss of customized data.
To upgrade an existing OpenCms 6.0.3 version to the current 6.0.4 release, an update of Java libraries provided in an update zip file is sufficient.
In case you are using one of the previous development versions (OpenCms 6 alpha, beta or release candidates), there have been a lot of issues fixed so you should definitely update. If you still use OpenCms 5.0.x, you should also update since the 6.0.4 version is much more advanced and stable.
Compatibility with Java versions, Servlet containers and databases
OpenCms 6.0.4 requires Java 1.4.x or Java 1.5.x. It won't work with Java 1.3.x. We have tested only with SUNs version of the JDK. However, we have removed the dependencies from all sun.* packages that were present in OpenCms 5.0.x so it should in theory run with all compliant JVMs.
We have tested this release on the Tomcat servlet engine and to some extend on JBoss 4.0. OpenCms 6.0.3 works "out of the box" with Tomcat 4.1.x, Tomcat 5.0.x and Tomcat 5.5.x. Others have reported deploying 6.0.x versions successfully on other servlet containers like BEA Weblogic and SunONE.
On the database side, we have tested with MySQL 4.0.x, MySQL 4.1.x and Oracle 9.x. PostgreSQL support has been contributed thanks to Antonio Core. maxDB support has been contributed thanks to Clovis Wichoski and Fabiano Rech. MS SQL server support is not included in this release, but has been contributed by Andras Balogh and will be available in a future release. We still are looking for volunteers to support testing the stability of the PostgetSQL, maxDB and MS SQL server releases.
In case you run OpenCms 6.0.4 on components different from our default components (SUN JDK 1.4.x. / Tomcat 4.1.x, 5.0.x or 5.5.x / MySQL 4.0.x or 4.1.x / Oracle 9.x), please let us know by posting a message to the OpenCms mailing list. We intend to collect a list of "supported platforms". Also, if you had to patch some lines of code to make OpenCms 6.0.4 run on your platforms, please contribute these so they can be included in the official release.
Regarding version numbers and CVS build tags
In case you want to check out OpenCms from the CVS, please keep the following in mind: The CVS tag for the 6.0.4 release is "build_6_0_4". Development of further bug fix releases is done in CVS HEAD.
The next major feature update of OpenCms will be version 6.2.0. You can check out the current development version by selecting the "dev_6_0_1" branch of the CVS. The development version provides new features which will be added to future stable OpenCms versions, but is considered to be not as stable as the CVS HEAD. The development version uses the version numbers 6.1.x and is likewise tagged in the CVS.
How you can help
Contributions to the OpenCms core development are most welcome. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case you are interested in supporting the development of OpenCms 6, or give your feedback on the opencms-dev mailing list.
Please use our Bugzilla to report bugs in this release: