OpenCms 10.5.3 Release Notes
October 18, 2017: OpenCms 10.5.3 is a maintenance release for OpenCms 10.5. This version fixes an issue introduced with the Chrome 61 update that caused problems in the positioning of UI elements. A number of other issues have also been fixed.
Improved in OpenCms 10.5.3
- Fixed issue #535 with UI element positioning in Chrome 61.*
- Fixed performance issue with relations in PostgreSQL DB.*
- Fixed issue with network share where files were not unlocked after deletion.
- Fixed issue with network share module export not handling non-folder module resources correctly.
- Fixed issue with explorer type attributes being lost when editing modules.
- Fixed issue with publishing moved folders from a different site.
- Fixed issue where changing a model group root element could lead to invalid formatter settings.
- Fixed issue with TinyMCE not being able to scroll to bottom of content in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed issue with TinyMCE not being able to open the gallery dialog when editing XML pages with Chrome.
- Fixed issue where switching the project in the explorer to an offline project caused the page editor to open.
Items marked with * are considered important improvements in this version.
General OpenCms features
- The page editor allows WYSIWYG inline editing of web pages and arrangement of content by drag & drop.
- The form based editor allows editing of structured content in a well defined form mask.
- The sitemap editor allows to create new pages and re-arrange the navigation tree by drag & drop.
- Responsive "Apollo" default template based on Bootstrap 3 with many features.
- Content creation for mobile devices with preview and device specific content control.
- Structured contents can be defined using a simple XML schema.
- Easy to use "Online / Offline" workflow, changes must be approved before they become visible.
- Link management for all internal resources with broken link detection.
- Integrated image scaling and cropping.
- SEO features with automatic sitemap.xml generation and page alias support.
- Full featured user management that supports the concept of "Organizational Units" (OUs).
- Allows management of multiple websites within one installation.
- Contents can be served dynamically or exported to static HTML files.
- Direct access to the OpenCms content repository over a shared network drive.
- CMIS and WebDAV access to the OpenCms content repository.
- Integrates Apache SOLR for powerful content searching and noSQL like queries.
- Full text search for web pages as well as in office documents like PDF, MS Office and Open Office.
- Extensions can be added through a flexible module system.
- The "time warp" feature allows to view resources which are expired or not yet released.
- JSP integration for dynamic functionality in templates, dynamic forms etc.
- ... and many more
OpenCms 10.5.3 is fully backward compatible with all 10.5, 10.0, 9.5 and 9.0 versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed code from these versions should work "out of the box" with version 10.5.3.
Notice for users of Alkacon OCEE Users of Alkacon OCEE require a new OCEE version for OpenCms 10.5.2. The update is free for Alkacon customers with a valid OCEE update subscription. Please contact Alkacon to receive the new version.
About the Apollo Template
The Apollo template is our main demo showcase. It is build using best practices of the latest OpenCms version. The Apollo template sources are available on Github at https://github.com/alkacon/apollo-template.
Compatibility with Java versions, servlet containers and database
OpenCms 10.5 has been written and tested for Java 8 and Java 7. We have tested with ORACLEs JDK as well as OpenJDK. OpenCms should run with all compliant JVMs.
We have tested this release on the Tomcat servlet engine. OpenCms works "out of the box" with Tomcat 8 or 7, which we recommend. Others have reported deploying OpenCms successfully on other servlet containers like JBoss, WildFly, WebLogic, WebSphere, GlassFish and Resin.
On the database side, we have tested with MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, DB2 and HSQLDB.
Regarding version numbers and build tags
The main OpenCms Git repository is available on Github at github.com/alkacon/opencms-core.
In case you want to get the most current OpenCms 10.5 sources from Git, please check out branch_10_5_x. The 10.5.3 release is tagged build_10_5_3.
How you can help
Contributions to the OpenCms core development are most welcome. Please send us your pull requests directly on GitHub.
Please report issues found in OpenCms using our GitHub issue tracker.
Thank you for using OpenCms and have fun with OpenCms :-)