OpenCms 8.5.2 ready for download
OpenCms 8.5.2 is now ready and available for download.
OpenCms is one of the most popular Open Source Content Management Solutions. This new version was developed by Alkacon Software GmbH with the support of the international OpenCms developer community.
OpenCms 8.5 features inline editing, Solr integration and numerous other enhancements.
Main improvements in OpenCms 8.5.2
- Improved IE10 compatibility.
- Improved lock behaviour for group editor.
- Improved offline indexing to index content changes immediately.
- Improved PDF extraction with new library version.
- Improved module import by pausing offline indexing while importing or deleting modules.
- Improved purging of container pages after publish.
- Updated CodeMirror source code editor to version 3.14.
- Updated commons DBCP library.
General features of OpenCms 8.5
- The new inline content editor allows to edit content "in place" on the web page.
- The form based content editor has been completely rewritten for improved speed and ease-of-use.
- Integration of SEO features with automatic sitemap.xml generation and page alias support.
- Integration of Solr for improved search and noSQL like content queries.
- Integration of CMIS access to the content repository.
We recommend everyone who uses OpenCms to update to the 8.5.2 release. OpenCms 8.5.2 is fully backward compatible to all prior 8.x and 7.x versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed code from these versions work "out of the box" with version 8.5.2.
Users of the Alkacon OCEE packages require a new version of Alkacon OCEE for use with this OpenCms release. OpenCms version 8.5.2 requires Alkacon OCEE version 3.5.2 or later.
Please check out the release notes for further details of the changes in this release.
Next major OpenCms version to be presented at OpenCms Days 2013
While OpenCms 8.5.2 is an important bugfix release, OpenCms 9.0 with several new features will be presented at OpenCms Days 2013.
This years international OpenCms user conference will happen from Sep. 30th to Oct. 1st in Cologne, Germany.
For more information please visit the OpenCms Days 2013 website.
Independent research has shown OpenCms to be a market leading solution amongst Open Source CMS systems. The software has been in continuous development for the last 13 years and has an active community of Open Source developers.
More than 100 international IT companies have been registered as official OpenCms Solution Provider on the OpenCms website. A steadily growing list of reference sites also shows the increasing use of OpenCms.
OpenCms is an enterprise - ready web content management solution build in Java and XML from open source components. OpenCms can easily be deployed on almost any existing IT infrastructure and provides powerful features especially suited for medium and large enterprise internet or intranet applications. OpenCms is open source software distributed under the LGPL license.
Alkacon Software GmbH is the company responsible for the development of OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in widespread use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as a cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations. Please see the Alkacon product overview for more details.
The team at Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts wants to thank everyone who has contributed to this release of OpenCms.