OpenCms 12 available
OpenCms 12.0 is now available for download.
OpenCms is one of the most popular Open Source Content Management Solutions. This new version was developed by Alkacon Software GmbH with the support of the international OpenCms developer community.
New in OpenCms 12.0
- Headless API: Access XML contents as JSON objects.
- Headless API: List all resources in a folder tree as JSON.
- Headless API: Load the results of a user defined list as JSON.
- Headless API: Load structure and settings of a container page as JSON.
- Headless API: React demo applications showcase the use of the new features.
- Template Variants: Introducing a new container page format (the old format can still be read).
- Template Variants: Store "formatter keys" instead of UUIDs of configuration files in new container pages.
- Template Variants: Sitemap attributes allow to display different element settings per variant.
- Template Variants: Add and remove content types, formatters and / or functions per master configuration.
- Template Variants: Master configurations can be chained to allow variant specific adjustments of a base variant.
- Workplace: New "Optimize gallery" dialog for image and download galleries.
- Workplace: It's now possible to change properties of a folder without locking all resources in the folder.
- General: Greatly improved WebDAV implementation, allowing to mount the OpenCms virtual file system from any WebDAV client.
Please check out the release notes for further details regarding the changes in this release.
General OpenCms features
- The page editor allows WYSIWYG inline editing of web pages and arrangement of content by drag & drop.
- The form based editor allows editing of structured content in a well defined form mask.
- The sitemap editor allows to create new pages and re-arrange the navigation tree by drag & drop.
- Responsive "Mercury" default template based on Bootstrap 4 with many features.
- Headless API for accessing content as JSON from external applications.
- Content creation for mobile devices with preview and device specific content control.
- Structured contents can be defined using a simple XML schema.
- Easy to use "Online / Offline" workflow, changes must be approved before they become visible.
- Link management for all internal resources with broken link detection.
- Integrated image scaling and cropping.
- SEO features with automatic sitemap.xml generation and page alias support.
- Full featured user management that supports the concept of "Organizational Units" (OUs).
- Allows management of multiple websites within one installation.
- Contents can be served dynamically or exported to static HTML files.
- File access to the OpenCms content repository over a shared network / SMB drive.
- CMIS and WebDAV access to the OpenCms content repository.
- Integrates Apache SOLR for powerful content searching and noSQL like queries.
- Full text search for web pages as well as in office documents like PDF, MS Office and Open Office.
- Extensions can be added through a flexible module system.
- The "time warp" feature allows to view resources which are expired or not yet released.
- JSP integration for dynamic functionality in templates, dynamic forms etc.
- ... and many more
OpenCms 12.0 is backward compatible with all 11,0, 10.5 and 10.0 versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed code from these versions should work mostly "out of the box" with version 12.0.
Notice for users of Alkacon OCEE Users of Alkacon OCEE require a new OCEE version for OpenCms 12.0. The update is free for Alkacon customers with a valid OCEE subscription. Please contact Alkacon to receive the new version.
OpenCms is a market leading solution amongst Open Source CMS systems. The software has been in continuous development for the last 20 years and has an active community of Open Source developers.
OpenCms is an enterprise - ready web content management solution build in Java and XML from open source components. OpenCms can easily be deployed on almost any existing IT infrastructure and provides powerful features especially suited for medium and large enterprise internet or intranet applications. OpenCms is open source software distributed under the LGPL license.
Alkacon Software GmbH & Co. KG is the company responsible for the development of OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in widespread use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as a cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations. Please see the Alkacon product overview for more details.
The team at Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts wants to thank everyone who has contributed to this release of OpenCms.