Get OpenCms 8.5 now!
OpenCms 8.5 is now ready and available for download.
OpenCms is one of the most popular Open Source Content Management Solutions. This new version was developed by Alkacon Software GmbH with the support of the international OpenCms developer community.
OpenCms 8.5 inline editing, Solr integration and numerous other enhancements.
Main new features of OpenCms 8.5
- The new inline content editor allows to edit content "in place" on the web page.
- The form based content editor has been completely rewritten for improved speed and ease-of-use.
- Integration of SEO features with automatic sitemap.xml generation and page alias support.
- Integration of Solr for improved search and noSQL like content queries.
- Integration of CMIS access to the content repository.
We recommend everyone who uses OpenCms to update to the 8.5.0 release. OpenCms 8.5 is fully backward compatible to all prior 8.x and 7.x versions. Templates and other OpenCms developed code from these versions work "out of the box" with version 8.5.0.
Users of the Alkacon OCEE packages require a new version of Alkacon OCEE for use with this OpenCms release. OpenCms version 8.5.0 requires Alkacon OCEE version 3.5.0 or later.
Please check out the release notes for further details of the changes in this release.
Features of OpenCms in General
- The page editor allows to create and arrange content on web pages by drag & drop.
- The sitemap editor allows to create new pages and re-arrange the navigation tree by drag & drop.
- Support for creation of content for mobile devices with the <cms:mobile> tag.
- Structured contents can be defined using a simple XML schema.
- Editors with WYSIWYG and syntax highlighting functionality.
- Easy to use "Online / Offline" workflow, changes must be approved before they become visible.
- Link management for all internal resources with broken link detection.
- Integrated image scaling and cropping.
- Full featured internal user management that supports the concept of "Organizational Units" (OUs).
- Allows management of multiple websites within one installation.
- Contents can be served dynamically or exported to static HTML files.
- Extensions can be added through a flexible module system.
- Full text search for web pages, but also in PDF, MS Office documents etc.
- The "time warp" feature allows to view resources which are expired or not yet released.
- JSP integration for dynamic functionality in templates, dynamic forms etc.
- ... and many more
Independent research has shown OpenCms to be a market leading solution amongst Open Source CMS systems. The software has been in continuous development for the last 10 years and has an active community of Open Source developers.
More than 100 international IT companies have been registered as official OpenCms Solution Provider on the OpenCms website. A steadily growing list of reference sites also shows the increasing use of OpenCms.
OpenCms is an enterprise - ready web content management solution build in Java and XML from open source components. OpenCms can easily be deployed on almost any existing IT infrastructure and provides powerful features especially suited for medium and large enterprise internet or intranet applications. OpenCms is open source software distributed under the LGPL license.
Alkacon Software GmbH is the company responsible for the development of OpenCms. Today OpenCms is a leading open source CMS solution in widespread use all over the world. Many businesses and organizations use OpenCms as a cost effective, professional alternative to expensive license products.
Alkacon Software GmbH offers its customers training, support and add-on products for OpenCms. This gives our customers a layer of security and convenience often required for mission critical OpenCms installations. Please see the Alkacon product overview for more details.
The team at Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts wants to thank everyone who has contributed to this release of OpenCms.