OCEE version 2.1.4 / 1.0.20 release notes
April 5, 2011
This is the release of OCEE 2.1.4 / 1.0.20. With OCEE 2.1.4 several new features and
improvements have been added to the OpenCms Enterprise Extensions. This OCEE release is an
important update that fixes a number of potential issues that persisted in the
Main new features in OCEE 2
Support for multi-staging scenarios with the OCEE Replicator: You can configure a
"development" server that first pushes all generated content to a "staging" server e.g. for
approval, and then afterwards to the "delivery" server. This is freely configurable, and there is
no limit on the number of stages.
Centralized configuration of servers with the OCEE Cluster: You can now edit the scheduled
jobs, search index configuration and module parameters for all individual servers in the cluster
from a common GUI in the workplace server.
Support for OpenCms OUs in the LDAP Connector: It is now possible to connect each OpenCms OU
with an individual path in the LDAP Server.
Improved performance with the OCEE Accelerator: A much improved cache policy in the
Accelerator now selectively flushes only certain cached items after a publish instead of just
Please note that these features are exclusively available in OCEE version 2 for OpenCms 7.x. The
release of OCEE version 1 for OpenCms 6.x only contains some minor fixes.
We recommend all OCEE users to upgrade their OpenCms installation to this latest version.
The release has the following version numbers:
OCEE 2.1.4 for OpenCms 7
New features and improvements in OCEE 2.1.4
Significantly improved OCEE Accelerator with new caching strategy that can reduce
database requests by millions per day.
- Improved OCEE LDAP Connector now features support for nested groups when using Microsoft Active
- Improved OCEE Cluster Manager now supports installation and updating of modules within the
cluster with shell commands.
- Improved OCEE Replicator with better error handling in user replication scenarios.
- Added option to write additional info values in the LDAP repository to the OCEE LDAP
- Added deterministic id generation for LDAP groups/users to the OCEE LDAP Connector.
- Fixed an issue in the OCEE Cluster Manager with export points not correctly being generated on
- Fixed an issue in the OCEE Accelerator with caching of non-existent resources in the offline
project that caused errors in certain scenarios.
Fixed an issue in the OCEE Replicator where the resource id from the online project was
used for replication.
- Fixed an issue in the OCEE LDAP Connector where updating group membership on LDAP users
triggered a clear cache event.
OCEE 1.0.20 for OpenCms 6
Fixed issues in OCEE 1.0.20
- Fixed an issue in the OCEE Replicator where the resource id from the online project was used
Please note: This will be the last release of OCEE for OpenCms 6. This version 1.0.20 of
OCEE can be considered very stable. Further regular releases of OCEE will only be made for
OpenCms 7 and the upcoming OpenCms 8.
Please note that it is required to use the right OCEE version for your OpenCms, since Alkacon
OCEE for OpenCms 6.x and 7.x are not binary compatible.
All Alkacon customers that have a valid OCEE update subscription can download the new OCEE
version free of charge.
Please contact Alkacon using the link below in order to request the details for the download.
You can also send us an email to our OpenCms / OCEE support account.
Please note: OCEE 2.1.4 is compatible with all 7.x versions of OpenCms.