OCEE version 2.1.1 / 1.0.17
October 12, 2009
This OCEE release is an
important update that fixes a number of potential issues and introduces some new
features and additions to OCEE version 2 for OpenCms 7.0 / 7.5.
The most important features in OCEE 2 are:
Support for multi-staging scenarios with the OCEE Replicator: You can configure a
"development" server that first pushes all generated content to a "staging" server e.g. for
approval, and then afterwards to the "delivery" server. This is freely configurable, and there is
no limit on the number of stages.
Centralized configuration of servers with the OCEE Cluster: You can now edit the scheduled
jobs, search index configuration and module parameters for all individual servers in the cluster
from a common GUI in the workplace server.
Support for OpenCms OUs in the LDAP Connector: It is now possible to connect each OpenCms OU
with an individual path in the LDAP Server.
Improved performance with the OCEE Accelerator: A much improved cache policy in the
Accelerator now selectively flushes only certain cached items after a publish instead of just
Please note that these features are exclusively available in OCEE version 2 for OpenCms 7.0 /
7.5. The release of OCEE version 1 for OpenCms 6 only contains some minor improvements and
We recommend all OCEE users to upgrade their OpenCms installation to this version.
The release has the following version numbers:
OCEE 2.1.1 for OpenCms 7.0 and 7.5
OCEE 1.0.17 for OpenCms 6
Version 2.1.1 and 1.0.17 feature the following improvements:
- The OCEE Accelerator is now caching access to non-existent resources to better withstand DOS
- The OCEE Accelerator now provides a statistic report for cluster servers.
- Improved cluster communication and logging in the OCEE Cluster Manager.
- Fixed some issues in the OCEE Cluster Manager while rebuilding search indexes.
- Fixed issue in the OCEE Cluster Manager with the "Set Workplace Server" function breaking the
- Improved logging for transaction commits in the OCEE Transaction Manager.
Version 2.1.1 also features the following improvements, in addition to the above mentioned:
- Fixed an issue in the LDAP Connector where synchronizing groups of Sub-OUs was not working
- Fixed an issue in the LDAP Connector with synchronizing group information when the group is
only existing in LDAP.
- Fixed an issue in the LDAP Connector with loosing group-role mappings when the group does not
yet exist in OpenCms, but only in LDAP.
- The OCEE Cluster Manager now has a function to rebuild single search indexes on a cluster
- The OCEE Replicator features a new scheduled job for automatic user synchronization.
- If replication of files fails with the OCEE Replicator, these files are now preserved on the
replication list in manual mode.
- Improved logging in the OCEE Replicator in case of configuration errors.
- Extended the functionality of the OCEE VFS Doctor broken structure plugin.
Please note that it is required to use the right OCEE version for your OpenCms, since Alkacon
OCEE for OpenCms 6 and 7.0 / 7.5 are not binary compatible.
All Alkacon customers that have a valid OCEE update subscription can download the new OCEE
version free of charge.
Please contact Alkacon using the link below in order to request the details for the download.
You can also send us an email to our OpenCms / OCEE support account.
Please note: OCEE 2.1.1 is compatible with all 7.0 / 7.5 versions of OpenCms.