OCEE version 2.1.0 / 1.0.16
August 29, 2008
This OCEE release is a
major update that introduces a number of new features to OCEE version 2 for OpenCms
7.0 / 7.5. Moreover, a number of issues of the previous version have been fixed.
The most important new features in OCEE 2 for OpenCms 7.0 / 7.5 are:
Support for multi-staging scenarios with the OCEE Replicator: You can configure a
"development" server that first pushes all generated content to a "staging" server e.g. for
approval, and then afterwards to the "delivery" server. This is freely configurable, and there is
no limit on the number of stages.
Centralized configuration of servers with the OCEE Cluster: You can now edit the scheduled
jobs, search index configuration and module parameters for all individual servers in the cluster
from a common GUI in the workplace server.
Support for OpenCms OUs in the LDAP Connector: It is now possible to connect each OpenCms OU
with an individual path in the LDAP Server.
Improved performance with the OCEE Accelerator: A much improved cache policy in the
Accelerator now selectively flushes only certain cached items after a publish instead of just
Please note that these new features are exclusively available in OCEE version 2 for OpenCms 7.0
/ 7.5. The new release of OCEE version 1 for OpenCms 6 only contains some minor improvements and
We recommend all OCEE users to upgrade their OpenCms installation to this version.
The release has the following version numbers:
OCEE 2.1.0 for OpenCms 7.0 and 7.5
OCEE 1.0.16 for OpenCms 6
Version 1.0.16 features the following improvements:
- New feature added to the OCEE LDAP Module allowing to edit a principal without having to pass
through the list with all principals, useful for slow systems with lots of principals.
- An issue has been fixed in the OCEE Cluster Module checking server names and MAC addresses
during startup, to prevent inconsistencies.
- An issue has been fixed in the OCEE Replication Module when replicating membership
- An issue has been fixed in the OCEE Replication Module with resource replication order.
Version 2.1.0 features the following improvements, in addition to the above mentioned:
- The OCEE Replication Module now allows multi-staging scenarios, for example where content is
pushed from Server A to B to C.
- The OCEE Replication Module now allows bi-directional synchronization of user data between
- The OCEE LDAP Module now supports OpenCms organisational units (OUs), each OpenCms OU may have
their own user / group path in the LDAP server.
- The OCEE LDAP Module now allows to directly search principals in the LDAP Server in the
'Synchronization' views (for OpenCms > 7.0.4).
- The OCEE Accelerator now features improved cache handling after resouces have been published,
leading to great performance gains.
- The OCEE Accelerator now features an improved statistics dialog that shows memory usage and
- The OCEE Cluster Module now allows to edit the configuration of all servers in the cluster from
a common GUI.
- The OCEE Cluster Module is now also forwarding flex and image cache events.
- An issue has been fixed in the OCEE Replication Module with organizational unit
- An issue has been fixed in the OCEE Replication Module with duplicated primary key in the
- An issue has been fixed in the OCEE Replication Module with server names, MAC addresses,
database pools, loop and chain validation during startup.
- Optimizations have been made in the GUI of the OCEE LDAP Module, minimizing database and LDAP
- An issue has been fixed in the OCEE Accelerator when requesting a file with trailing slash (for
OpenCms > 7.0.4).
Please note that it is required to use the right OCEE version for your OpenCms version, since
Alkacon OCEE for OpenCms 6 and 7.0 / 7.5 are not binary compatible.
All Alkacon customers that have a valid OCEE update subscription can download the new OCEE
version free of charge.
Please contact Alkacon using the link below in order to request the details for the download.
You can also send us an email to our OpenCms / OCEE support account.
Update: OCEE 2.1.0 is also compatible with OpenCms 7.5 released June 15, 2009.